Hints for feeding your baby
Helpful hints for feeding your baby
- Breastmilk is the best source of nutrition for your baby. It is beneficial even if you nurse for a short amount of time or part time.
- You should wait till breastfeeding is well established which is usually about 3 to 4 weeks of age before introducing the bottle unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Woking mothers can pump breastmilk during break time and refrigerate the milk for later use. Refrigerated milk should be used within 24 hours. However frozen milk is good for several months.
- If you need to formula feed, offer cow’s milk based formula with iron .
- Keep your baby on breast or formula until he or she is 1 year old. After this time , you may switch to whole milk. Children under the age of 2 should not drink skim or low-fat milk.
Breastfeeding: Hints to Help You Get Off to a Good Start. American Academy of Family Physicians. https://familydoctor.org/breastfeeding-hints-to-help-you-get-off-to-a-good-start/. Accessed December 7th, 2018