Key nutrients that you’ll need to conceive
Good nutrition is very important when you are trying to get pregnant. This is important for both men and women. You need good nutrition to help you get pregnant and prepare your body for a baby.
Nutrients that can enhance conception
There are vitamins that can boost your fertility . These include the following :
- Zinc : It enhances a woman’s ability to ovulate . In men, it enhances both testosterone and semen quality.
- Folic acid : It reduces your chances of having a child with neural tube defects. It also maximizes fertility in men.
- Multivitamin : It reduces a woman’s chances of having ovulation problems
- Omega 3 fatty acids : It increases the quality of embryo.
- Iron : It is important whether you are pregnant or not because it is vital in making hemoglobin, the oxygen carrying component of red blood cells. Oxygen is needed for tissues and organs in the body to function properly.
- Calcium : This will help your baby with it growth and development after conception.
- Vitamin B6 : They reduce the risk of having nasty pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness .
- Antioxidants: Taking these supplements like vitamin C and E may help with fertility.
- Coenzyme Q 10 : This is a supplement for sperm and egg health.
- L carnitine : This helps in metabolism , maturity and motility of sperms.
Vitamins that can help you get pregnant faster. Ovulation Guide. http://ovulation.guide/vitamins-to-help-get-pregnant/. Accessed September 15th, 2017
8 ways of boosting your fertility. WebMD . http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/8-ways-to-boost-your-fertility#1. Accessed September 15th, 2017